Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these cookies up myself. They're more cake-like, as I used shortening instead of butter. For chewier cookies, you can take them out of the oven sooner.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 3.30 ml baking soda
- 3.30 ml salt
- 158.51 ml shortening
- 158.51 ml peanut butter (slightly warmed in the microwave to make easier to stir in)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1 large egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml chocolate chips (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flours and mix with baking soda and salt. set aside.
- Cream pb butter and shortening with sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Gradually stir in flour mixture (don't over mix).
- Take 1/3 of batter and mix with melted chocolate; add to remaining batter and stir in slightly (to create marble effect).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing to rack.