Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quick to make in baking emergency and very tasty. Uses refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (18 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Remove cookie dough from wrapper.
- With floured hands, press half of dough in bottom of ungreased 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 9 inch square pan.
- Press peanut butter mixture evenly over dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle remaining half of cookie dough over peanut butter mixture layer.
- Carefully spread crumbled dough as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Cool 30 minutes and then refrigerate 1 hour until chilled.
- Cut into bars and serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Inactive prep time is 1-1/2 hours to cool bars.
I have a similar recipe which I found in a PILLSBURY Bake-Off book. Tried these and they are wonderful. I've taken them to church and family functions a few times now and someone always requests the recipe. Thanks for sharing!