Recipe by Lois
I got this recipe from the inside lid of a metal box that had pictures of Walt Disney World and Beauty and the Beast and 2 12 oz. packages of Nestles chocolate chips inside more than 5 years ago. When I first saw the recipe, I wasn't sure I would like it as it has oatmeal in it. Well my daughter made them when I wasn't home and I was so glad she did because they were soooo delicious, rich, and yummy. I am posting this to share and for safe keeping.
Top Review by cookingmother
I made these cookies today and they are delicious. I think they are very moist; they didn't get dry on me as a lot of peanut butter cookies have. I used crunchy peanut butter because that's what I had. I love the "random recipe" feature, I've found some wonderful recipes with it, including these cookies. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups nestles semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. package)
- 1 cup quick oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs; beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by mounded tablespoons onto a ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart then bake for 10 to 15 mins.
- or until they are light brown.
- Let stand on cookie sheets 3 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool.