Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the inside lid of a metal box that had pictures of Walt Disney World and Beauty and the Beast and 2 12 oz. packages of Nestles chocolate chips inside more than 5 years ago. When I first saw the recipe, I wasn't sure I would like it as it has oatmeal in it. Well my daughter made them when I wasn't home and I was so glad she did because they were soooo delicious, rich, and yummy. I am posting this to share and for safe keeping.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups nestles semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. package)
- 1 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs; beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by mounded tablespoons onto a ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart then bake for 10 to 15 mins.
- or until they are light brown.
- Let stand on cookie sheets 3 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool.
I made these cookies today and they are delicious. I think they are very moist; they didn't get dry on me as a lot of peanut butter cookies have. I used crunchy peanut butter because that's what I had. I love the "random recipe" feature, I've found some wonderful recipes with it, including these cookies. Thanks for sharing!
Wow, these were delicious! I was skeptical about the oatmeal as well, but it gives the cookie a great texture. You will find that these cookies come out soft on the inside, slightly crisp around the edges with a nice bit of chewiness to the texture. The flavor was wonderful and the cookies spread just a little bit, but still end up looking very nice and not too flat. The measuring was super simple and the batter was quick to make. My two year old even liked these and she usually won't touch anything with oatmeal in it. My husband, a self-proclaimed choco chip cookie connoisseur, said these were terrific. I love it when a recipe gives results beyond our expectations, and this cookie certainly did just that. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Absolutely delicious! They're the perfect pick-me-up at the end of a not-so-great day! They're a fantastic texture, and just the right balance of peanut butter, chocolate, and oats. I almost couldn't bear to dunk them in milk!