Recipe by chiclet
Yeah, yeah, I know--there are a million recipes for peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips out there. But hey, what's wrong with one more? Especially when it's easy, delicious, quick? This recipe makes cookies that are thick, chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside. The yield is fairly small, so it's good if there are only 1 or 2 people in your house.
Top Review by Debbb
07/26/09: Fabulous cookie! I loved the more old-fashioned dryer texture - like Gram used to make! I did use smooth pb as that is what we keep in the house. Will definitely be making these again & again!! Updated 10/24/09: I made these cookies without the chocolate chips to enter in the county fair & placed 2nd!! I love this recipe - I should have placed first - lol!!!
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat peanut butter, shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture; blend well.
- Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Drop by rounded Tablespoons 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-15 min.; remove to cooling rack.