Yeah, yeah, I know--there are a million recipes for peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips out there. But hey, what's wrong with one more? Especially when it's easy, delicious, quick? This recipe makes cookies that are thick, chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside. The yield is fairly small, so it's good if there are only 1 or 2 people in your house.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat peanut butter, shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture; blend well.
- Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Drop by rounded Tablespoons 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-15 min.; remove to cooling rack.