Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From CBC show Best Recipes Ever. Really easy and delicious!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour or 375 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or 15 ml granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder or 15 ml baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 2 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 375 ml milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted or 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 125 ml chocolate chips
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and melted butter or vegetable oil; add to dry ingredients and mix just until lumpy. Add chocolate chips; mix just until incorporated.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat; brush with vegetable oil. Pour in batter by 1/4 cupfuls (50 mL) for each pancake, spreading with spatula if necessary. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until underside is golden and bubbles break on top. Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until underside is golden. Serve hot with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
These were lovely pancakes, light, tender and fluffy. Quick and easy to make with excellent results. I enjoyed them tremendously. I did have to make a change however, I was out of chocolate chips so I used what I had in the house....white chocolate chips. The white chocolate worked perfectly in the pancakes, not too sweet, they allowed the pancake to shine. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring Pac 2014.