Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A favorite with my kids.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray lightly or brush with vegetable oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Scatter approximately 10 chocolate chips (the amount is subjective, add more if you like) on top of each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface (about 2 minutes); flip pancake and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve with preferred topping.
Although I usually post photos of recipes that I try, there will be no photo this time. It would have been rude, lol. In honor of today's Mother's Day, my 13 yo granddaughter and her friend made these this morning in honor of her mom and me (her gaga :smile:). She actually did a search herself here on the site to find the 'perfect' pancake recipe. After several minutes, this was the one that she chose. She did an awesome job, and served these along side some scrambled eggs and bacon. What a treat my DD and I had for breakfast this morning!
Thanks so much, ratherbeswimmin for a great recipe that all generations can enjoy!!
Delicious. My kids were had some friends spend the night and I made these for everybody for breakfast. They were gobbled up quickly.
My youngest DS requested this for his Birthday Breakfast. His response-tastes like a chocolate chip cookie! Thanks NurseDi!