Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a beautiful cookie that can easily be removed from the pan for decoration. This recipe came with my Wilton Heart Shaped Cookie Pan, but can be used in a 13x9 shallow pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- spray pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Oil your hands and pat dough into pan almost to the edges. You can now sprinkle with sugar in you want a "sparkly" finish and plan not to decorate.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Put cooling rack over top of cookie and gently flip to remove cookie.
- Let cool completely before cutting on decorating.