1 hr 20 mins
I found this posted a few places and it seemed intriguing enough to try (and I had the ingredients for it). I was very happy with the way it turned out. It's a loaf cake, not too sweet, and the hint of orange seems to intensify the chocolate. It's somewhere between a cake and a bread, and quite good, especially with a cup of coffee. As an added bonus, it's not a lot of work to make, all easily done by hand without beating or a mixer. (I did leave out the nuts because I can't have them, but I'm sure it would be just as good with them added).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted & cooled
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease and lightly flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- 4Stir in nuts and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- 5In a medium bowl, beat eggs with the milk, orange juice, rind and vanilla.
- 6Blend in the butter or margarine.
- 7Add egg mixture to the flour mixture, folding just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- 8Spread batter in the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle evenly with the remaining chocolate chips.
- 9Bake until golden 55-60 min or till a wooden pick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 10Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- 11Cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Orange Cake
Serving Size: 1 (958 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3286.4
- Calories from Fat 1478
- Total Fat 164.3 g
- Saturated Fat 77.1 g
- Cholesterol 543.0 mg
- Sodium 2942.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 426.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 204.9 g
- Protein 57.9 g