Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really good, I like to use red and green m and m's to replace the chocolate chips and serve them as christmas cookies.
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups oatmeal, Measure oatmeal and blend In a blender to a fine powder
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups nuts, Chopped (your choice)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Delicious cookie! Making the recipe as is makes a lot of dough. It was almost too much for my professional kitchen aid! I used Valentine colored M&M's w/ Chocolate chips and left out the Hershey bar since I had no clue what to do with it since it wasn't in the ingredients and the directions weren't very clear. Will definitely make again, but perhaps half at a time!