These are honestly the best cookies I personally have ever tasted. I spotted this recipe at a veg recipe site the night before I had promised to make dozens of cookies for an event. They were a huge hit!
- 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg substitute (I like Ener-G egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I am a fan of Sunspire and Tropical Source)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream together the softened margarine, sugars, egg replacer, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add this to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 14 minutes.
- Turn sheets around halfway through baking (and switch racks too, if baking more than one sheet at a time).
- Cool well before removing from sheet.