Recipe by Carol Bullock
These are honestly the best cookies I personally have ever tasted. I spotted this recipe at a veg recipe site the night before I had promised to make dozens of cookies for an event. They were a huge hit!
Top Review by Robin W
These cookies were delicious. I have been cooking up a storm for the last month trying to test recipes to start my own business and last night after trying these cookies, my husband said these were the best yet! As we are not vegans, I did use non-vegan items. It worked fine but they did cook a little faster than the original recipe.
- 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg substitute (I like Ener-G egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I am a fan of Sunspire and Tropical Source)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream together the softened margarine, sugars, egg replacer, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add this to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 14 minutes.
- Turn sheets around halfway through baking (and switch racks too, if baking more than one sheet at a time).
- Cool well before removing from sheet.