Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I hardly make any other cookies but these. they are so wonderful! They are loaded with lots of butterscotch, chocolate chips and oatmeal!! I make these all the time for gatherings, camping trips etc. and there are never any left to bring home.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml water
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml rolled oats, uncooked
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- In a large bowel cream margarine, shortening, and brown sugar. Add eggs and water. Gradually add flour. Mix in baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in oats, butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 375.
I am making these right now. Cant wait to taste them. But recipe does not say greased or ungreased cookie sheet?
Thanks for making cookin_nurse Chef of the Day. We celebrated Memorial Day eating these wonderful cookies. I like cookies that use a mix of butter/shortening--to me they make a better tasting and textured cookie. Other than mixing all dry ingredients together, then adding to creamed mixture, followed recipe to a T. They were perfect at ten minutes. I will add this one to the cookie rotation!
Very good cookie. I made half of the recipe and cut back on the amount of baking powder only using about 2 tsp for half the recipe. The flavor and texture were perfect. Thanks for sharing. I'll make these again. Made for PRMR :)