These cookies are so good! I found the recipe in the Texas Country Reporter Cookbook!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together shortening and sugars; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in hot water, vanilla and flour mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes.