Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Amy. It is really yummy! My husband and oldest son prefer them without chocolate chips, but that's just blasphemy!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Cream: butter and sugars together.
- Add: eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together and then mix in:.
- flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in: quick oats, chocolate chips and coconut.
I have a very similar recipe ~ mine calls for just 2 c. brown sugar (no white) and 3/4 c. coconut. DELICIOUS and soft and wonderfully gooey right out of the oven!!!