- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together margarine, sugars, egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate pieces.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 375°F oven 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 4 dozen 2 1/2-inch cookies.