Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, butter flavored shortening, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Add oats and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
I did half the recipe. I used less sugar and less brown sugar. It was sweet enough. I liked the addition of oats. It made a healthier cookie. Thanks Beachbunnymom :) Made for PAC Fall 2007