Recipe by ellie_
This cookie is a bit healtier than some others but still delicious. I love putting a healthier variation out for my family that they still love -- and this one tops all. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1986)
Top Review by ~Nimz~
These are excellent cookies. I love the wheat germ in them. Makes for a great texture. I used regular sugar in place of the turbinado, which worked out find. Other than that made just as directed. Just wonderful. Thanks
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together. Stir in turbinado sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Stir in dry ingredinents (flours - salt) until combined.
- Stir in oatmeal and wheat germ.
- Mix in remaining ingredients (chocolate chips and optional raisins and nuts).
- Form dough into 3-inch balls and place onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on rack.