Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are from the Mennonite cookbook More With Less. They have lots of healthy ingredients but are still delicious!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Cream together the first 6 ingredients.
- Add flour, soda and salt and mix well.
- Stir in oats, chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
These is a great cookie recipe, just make certain not to overbake them! thanks Kaarin...Kitten:)
I love the "More With Less" cookbook so I decided I needed to try these! (Plus I had some shortening, which I never have, to use up.) I found these to be a crumbly cookie with a nice flavor. They freeze quite well and the kids loved them.
We really liked the taste of these cookies. Mine turned out a little bit dry, but I think that is because I used whole wheat pastry flour. Also subbed cashew butter for the peanut butter, only because I had it and wanted to try it. I'm sure it is great with peanut butter, too. This was quick, easy and yummy. Thanks a bunch!