WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Minimalist Baker blog. These are quite good, optionally gluten free, and vegan, unless you decide to use 2 eggs instead of the flax eggs, like I did. Very thick and a little hard to flip, but turns out well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal (mixed with 2.5 Tbsp water, OR 1 egg)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or sub other milk)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or gluten free oats)
- 1/4 cup flour or 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- 1Preheat a skillet to medium heat or about 300-325 degrees.
- 2Prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water and letting set for 3-5 minutes.
- 3Mash your very ripe banana with baking powder.
- 4Add flax egg, oil, salt, vanilla, almond butter, almond milk and stir.
- 5Stir in oats and flour until just combined.
- 6Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold gently.
- 7Scoop scant 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased griddle.
- 8Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side – until golden brown.
- 9Serve plain or with a small drizzle of maple syrup and a few additional chocolate chips for melting.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: