Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Mr. Food, and makes a great "homemade" holiday gift.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart-size canning jar
- In a large bowl combine: flour, baking powder and baking soda; mix well and pour into canning jar, tapping on counter to level ingredients.
- Add to jar in turn: oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, walnuts (optional) and chocolate chips, tapping jar on counter to level after each addition. Seal jar and decorate if desired.
- *Attach a copy of baking instructions to jar.
- Baking Instructions:
- 1 jar homemade cookie mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Empty contents of jar into large bowl; add melted butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until completely blended; mixture will be thick. Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove and cool. Enjoy!