Recipe by Foodie61
A delicious, rich cake, that my daughter justifies for breakfast. This recipe was given to me years ago by a co-worker. His Mother used to make this all the time for him to bring to work. There's just something about the old southern recipes that are so delicious!
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup quick Quaker Oats (not instant oats)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, pour 1 3/4 cups of boiling water over 1 cup quick Quaker oats and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, brown sugar, margarine, and 2 eggs.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and 6 oz. of chocolate chips. Combine with the oatmeal mixture.
- Pour into greased & floured 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the remainder the of chocolate chips over mixture and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.