Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chewy cookie bars with oatmeal and lots of chocolate chips.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (1stick)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (uncooked oatmeal)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle position.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add the brown and white sugars and let cool a bit.
- Add egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix. Then add the chocolate chips and oats and mix everything up. The dough will be quite stiff.
- With a spatula spread dough evenly into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25– 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars when cool.
I loved the ease of this recipe. Tastes great! I used parchmount paper and just lifted it out of the pan.
This was perfect for a snow day. Had all the ingredients on hand in abundance and it was in the oven in no time!
I loved the ease of putting this dish together. Good, clear instructions and the 'pantry' ingredients most people have made this dish a classic at our house. Good and gooey. I also added 2/3 coarse chopped pecans. Good, good, good!