1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Chewy cookie bars with oatmeal and lots of chocolate chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (uncooked oatmeal)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle position.
- 2Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- 3Add the brown and white sugars and let cool a bit.
- 4Add egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- 5Add flour and mix. Then add the chocolate chips and oats and mix everything up. The dough will be quite stiff.
- 6With a spatula spread dough evenly into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- 7Bake at 350 for 25– 30 minutes.
- 8Cut into bars when cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g