Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chewy cookie bars with oatmeal and lots of chocolate chips.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (1stick)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (uncooked oatmeal)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle position.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add the brown and white sugars and let cool a bit.
- Add egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix. Then add the chocolate chips and oats and mix everything up. The dough will be quite stiff.
- With a spatula spread dough evenly into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25– 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars when cool.
This recipe is freaking good. first time doing it and it's divine, not a joke. But reading the recipe i knew it will be sweet so i reduce the sugar to 1/4 white and 3/4 brown but next time i'll try 2 cups of brown sugar so there is a bit more balance. but over all, the best recipe i've tried *it so good that this my first time writing a review for a recipe
I loved the ease of this recipe. Tastes great! I used parchmount paper and just lifted it out of the pan.
This was perfect for a snow day. Had all the ingredients on hand in abundance and it was in the oven in no time!