Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I know, it sounds crazy.And I'll admit, I was definitely skeptical. But these are delightful, VERY low in fat, and VERY high in fiber and protein. Trust me on this one, once they've come out of the oven, NO ONE will be able to tell these are based on white beans!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans (drained, rinsed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend oats until finely ground, but not powdered.
- Put oats in separate bowl and add flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Put drained, rinsed beans into blender with butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend until pureed completely (there should be absolutely no chunks).
- In a large bowl, cream the bean puree and brown sugar.
- Add oat mixture and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Using a a leveled off small cookie-scoop, scoop cookie dough onto greased jelly roll pans.
- Wet hands and press each cookie down flat ( to a little thicker than the chocolate chips).
- Bake each pan for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for a bit before transferring to a cooling rack.