1/6 Photos of Chocolate Chip Oaties (Cookies)
From a British cookbook of all chocolate recipes. Yum! The original recipe called for half semi-sweet and half milk chocolate. I don't usually keep milk chocolate on hand so use all semi-sweet and I don't think I'll ever try them with milk chocolate - the richness of the semi-sweet is so good. A mixture of chocolate chunks and chips is a nice variation instead of just chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Beat butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in the egg, then milk and vanilla until well blended.
- 4Add oats and mix, then add flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix until everything is well blended.
- 5Stir in chocolate.
- 6Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (or grease lightly).
- 7Scoop out dough in large gobs (about 1 1/4-1 3/8 oz each) and flatten slightly with a fork (dip fork in flour to prevent sticking).
- 8Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are slightly risen and firm.
- 9Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Oaties (Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (847 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 52.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g