Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
This recipe was given to me by my aunt. This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tried.
Top Review by Cathy-O
WOW! These cookies are amazing! Can't believe how easily I made them. I halved the recipe and since I didn't have chocolate chips in the house I had to manage with just the candy bar. No nuts either.. yet it was delicious! Will definitely make it again. I have made cookies using oats in the past but this is the first recipe that asks that the oats be powdered. I liked it a lot better. I baked for about 15 mins .. as we like more crunch on the edges.. Perfect texture. Thanks for posting this super cookie recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces hershey milk chocolate candy bars, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats (powdered in blender)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together, butter, both sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, powdered oats, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix creamed, and dry ingredients, adding chocolate chips, melted chocolate bar, and nuts; mix well.
- Scoop out small (golf ball size or smaller) amounts of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until browned.