1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip & Nut Granola Bars
Chef ChelseaBuns's Note:
This is my adaptation of my sister in law's favourite granola bar recipe. You can sub out the dry ingredients to suit your taste... I would keep the large flake oats the same though for consistency. For the nuts I prefer to use dry roasted unsalted, you could use raw or salted but I don't like the texture of raw and I don't want the sodium of salted! The longer you bake the crunchier they'll be, 25 minutes gives a chewier bar. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Chop your almonds and walnuts by hand or pulse in a food processor.
- 3Put all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- 4Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- 5Pour the olive and oil and can of sweetened condensed milk on top of the dry ingredients.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Line a large rectangular baking sheet (needs to have a lip around it) with parchment paper.
- 8Pour the mixture into the pan and press down with a spatula into one even layer (mixture will stick to spatula a bit, I just wipe that off and throw it on top when I'm done).
- 9Bake on middle rack in oven for 25-30 minutes depending on the desired consistency.
- 10Let cool COMPLETELY before removing them (in the parchment paper) for cutting or they will fall apart! (You can sneak one corner off because they will smell so good.).
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip & Nut Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g