Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh boy, this is a really goof coffee cake! 8)
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2 (14.17 g) package fast rising yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate pecan topping
- 118.29 ml butter
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- Chocolate pecan topping: In medium bowl, cut butter into sugar until crumbly. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, chips and pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat the milk, water and butter until very warm (120° to 130° F).
- Gradually add to the dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Scrape the bowl occasionally, and add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Again, scraping the bowl occasionally, stir in chocolate chips and remaining flour making a soft batter.
- Turn into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until it has doubled in size, approx 1 hour.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate nut topping.
- Bake additional 10 minutes, or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes,then let cool on wire rack.