Oh boy, this is a really goof coffee cake! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate pecan topping
- 1Chocolate pecan topping: In medium bowl, cut butter into sugar until crumbly. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, chips and pecans.
- 2In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- 3Heat the milk, water and butter until very warm (120° to 130° F).
- 4Gradually add to the dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- 5Scrape the bowl occasionally, and add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Again, scraping the bowl occasionally, stir in chocolate chips and remaining flour making a soft batter.
- 6Turn into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- 7Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until it has doubled in size, approx 1 hour.
- 8Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate nut topping.
- 9Bake additional 10 minutes, or until done.
- 10Cool in pan for 10 minutes,then let cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Nut Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6510.3
- Calories from Fat 3334
- Total Fat 370.4 g
- Saturated Fat 182.2 g
- Cholesterol 928.1 mg
- Sodium 3884.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 766.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.6 g
- Sugars 366.6 g
- Protein 93.8 g