Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Oh boy, this is a really goof coffee cake! 8)
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Nut Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate pecan topping
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate pecan topping: In medium bowl, cut butter into sugar until crumbly. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, chips and pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat the milk, water and butter until very warm (120° to 130° F).
- Gradually add to the dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Scrape the bowl occasionally, and add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Again, scraping the bowl occasionally, stir in chocolate chips and remaining flour making a soft batter.
- Turn into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until it has doubled in size, approx 1 hour.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate nut topping.
- Bake additional 10 minutes, or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes,then let cool on wire rack.