Recipe by libidess
Simple to put together and totally delicious
Top Review by Chicagopm
Very good cookie! I made this today for my co-workers and they all loved it. As an added plus, it's very easy to put together. For the crust portion, I used mini chocolate chips because I thought that it would help distribute the chocolate more evenly and that it'd be easier to distribute the crust mixture. When I put the crust mixture in the pan, I made it form a little rim around the pan. This helped keep the chocolate chip/nut mixture on the cookie base (I was afraid that it'd run over the edge and harden on the pan while baking). Thank you so much for sharing the recipe for this rich treat!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Press the crumb mixture on the bottom of an ungreased 13x9" pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350°F While this is baking, combine condensed milk, beaten egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars (quite rich, so make them small!).