Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from Breadbeckers- the co-op where I order my grains and bread supplies from. Posted for safe-keeping; made public by request for a friend and for any fellow wheat grinders out there! :) Yield amount is an estimate.....I can't remember if these yield more than a dozen..... **NOTE** Flour amounts will not be the same if you are using store-bought all-purpose or wheat flour.
- 2 1⁄4 cups freshly ground flour (half soft white wheat and half hard white wheat)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sucanat or 3⁄4 cup sucanat with honey or 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Measure dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Add liquids and mix just until well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at350° for 15 minutes.