Recipe by basia1
Healthy, lo fat, lo cal recipe. only 3 Weight Watchers points!
Top Review by coconutcream
These were pretty good, and satisfied my sisters who were a bit weary when they saw i was making low-fat muffins. Honestly, you wouldn't know they were low in fat, which is perfect for me! A sweet treat without the guilt... My 12 muffins were, like you said, small, and after only 17 minutes, they were starting to born. Might I suggest lowering the cooking temp or reducing the time a bit?
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Separate the egg, placing the whites in a medium bowl and the yolk in a large bowl.
- Set the whites aside.
- Add the brown sugar, aplesauce, oil, and vanilla to the yolk.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the whites until soft peaks form.
- Add to the batter along with 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Stir until well blended.
- Divide batter equally among the 12 muffin tins.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon chocolate chips (4-5 chips) on top of each muffin.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of 1 muffin comes out clean, about 23 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in the tins then remove muffins to a rack to cool 10 minutes more.