- 7⁄8 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 7⁄8 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and sugar together; combine with butter and mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs to sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.
- Put vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1 cup of fluid and stir.
- To milk, add soda and stir.
- Add this to dry mixture and stir just until mixed.
- Add chocolate chips (more is better).
- Pour batter to fill 2/3 of muffin tins. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes.