Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by my daughter who made them in a cooking class and are a tasty light muffin
- 7⁄8 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 7⁄8 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Sift flour and sugar together; combine with butter and mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs to sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.
- Put vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1 cup of fluid and stir.
- To milk, add soda and stir.
- Add this to dry mixture and stir just until mixed.
- Add chocolate chips (more is better).
- Pour batter to fill 2/3 of muffin tins. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Really great looking muffins and moist- but where do you add the one egg?
These turned out so moist and chewy! I had to use a 1/4 cup of Splenda because I ran out of sugar and these where still wonderful. Will be making these again with berrys next time. Thank you for posting.
Such a unique way to make a muffin batter! I had never made one that called for the butter to be mixed in until crumbly. It turns out a very nice, fluffy muffin that has a lovely flavour. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2008