Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
Fantastic and light muffin thats great for a snack for the kids, or for school lunches. I make these muffins nearly every weekend for the school the next day, but they are usually all gone! You can make these as muffins, or just mini cup-cakes for kid's parties or treats. I only use 1/2 cup of sugar in this recipe as my father is diabetic and I find that 3/4 of a cup is too sugary.
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate, choc-chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line 12 muffin pans with large or small muffin cases. Spray lightly with oil to stop sticking.
- Sift flour into bowl, stir in sugar and choc-chips and walnuts if desired.
- Stir in combined remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin pans.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Stand for 5 minutes, then let cool on a wire rack.