1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 hr 35 mins
Bob Ross's Note:
When I find my bananas getting too ripe I freeze them for later use. Just thaw them in the microwave when you want to use. Here is a recipe for chocolate chip muffins that uses one banana. They even taste healthy :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Butter 12 large muffin pans well or line with paper muffin cups.
- 3Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and baking powder. Reserve.
- 4Combine mashed banana with brown sugar until smooth.
- 5Beat in eggs, milk and melted butter.
- 6Stir in dry ingredients only until blended.
- 7Quickly stir in chocolate chips. Do not overbeat.
- 8Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups. An ice cream scoop works well for this.
- 9Bake 25 minutes or until browned slightly.
- 10Cool on racks.
- 11Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking Time 25 minutes, Yield 12 large muffins.
- 12RJ's Note: Tested recipe August 31, 1999.
- 13I substituted 1/3 cup canola oil instead of butter.
- 14The banana and chocolate chips give the muffin a nice flavour and it is not overly sweet. Tastes almost healthy :-).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g