When I find my bananas getting too ripe I freeze them for later use. Just thaw them in the microwave when you want to use. Here is a recipe for chocolate chip muffins that uses one banana. They even taste healthy :-)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter 12 large muffin pans well or line with paper muffin cups.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and baking powder. Reserve.
- Combine mashed banana with brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Stir in dry ingredients only until blended.
- Quickly stir in chocolate chips. Do not overbeat.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups. An ice cream scoop works well for this.
- Bake 25 minutes or until browned slightly.
- Cool on racks.
- Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking Time 25 minutes, Yield 12 large muffins.
- RJ's Note: Tested recipe August 31, 1999.
- I substituted 1/3 cup canola oil instead of butter.
- The banana and chocolate chips give the muffin a nice flavour and it is not overly sweet. Tastes almost healthy :-).
These were so good!! Brought them to the office and they were gone in a manner of seconds!! :) Used canola oil instead of butter and low-fat milk. Baked them for about 20 minutes in a 350F oven. Thanks! :)
My kiddos and I loved it! I made the following changes: 1 cup all purpose flour, 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup finely milled flax seeds and 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. The muffins turned out slightly dense and just perfectly sweet (not too sweet). The kids enjoyed them for breakfast and snacks. Thanks for a great recipe!
My son loved these, absolutely easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly and made them in paper cups. a lovely way to use up that last squishy banana