Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven at 350 degrees. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg.
- Add sour cream and add to the flour mixture.
- Add the milk, oil, and chocolate chips stir and pour into greased or lined muffin pans 2/3 full. Cook time is about 15-20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
- This recipe is for standard muffin tins.
I used splenda and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips, low fat sour cream and 1% milk and made 6 jumbo muffins and with my substitutions, the big muffins were only 300 calories each rather than 416 calories for the original recipe. My husband loves these muffins
Probably the best chocolate chip muffins i've ever had. I added 1 tablespoon vanilla extract to the batter & sprinkled the tops with sugar before baking, but other than that I followed the recipe. They rose up nice & are light & sweet. Thanks :)
Great, I made mini muffins got 36 exactly. I used mini choc. chips and also added about 1tsp. of vanilla to the batter. They domed beautifully and were soft and delicious. Thanks for the great recipe.