Recipe by momspfarm
My family loves these muffins. We found the recipe in the Taste of Home magazine. It says that you get only 12 muffins, but we got 18.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add yogurt and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Start checking the muffins at about 22 minutes. Mine did not take but about 23 minutes to cook.