Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are made using yogurt, I sometimes use vanilla yogurt. They freeze well. For smaller muffins use a tin for 18 muffins.
The Dry Ingredients
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips (plus an extra tablespoon)
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
The Wet Ingredients
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml yogurt
- 354.88 ml soft demerara sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a 12 piece muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- I a medium bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients gradually into the dry ingredients with a spatula.
- Do not over-mix!
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- Do not over-bake!
- Remove from the oven, let them stand for a few minutes, then remove from the tin to let them cool.
These are fantastic muffins. I used light brown sugar as I was out of demerara and also used mini chocolate chips, I tried vanilla yogurt and they turned out so moist and yes very big muffins they baked up nicely in 20 minutes. These are not going to last long at my house. Very easy to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Oh my!!! These are so good!!! I also had one warm out of the oven with a little butter and it was perfect. Nice slightly crunchy/sweet top and moist and soft center with bits of melting chips. I made 1/4 of the recipe, which gave me 4 good sized muffins. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe Pets!!