Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For chocolate chip lovers
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Beat together egg, milk, vanilla and oil.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and stir in chocolate chips.
- With as few strokes as possible, stir liquid into dry ingredients.
- Bake 375F 20 minutes.
- As soon as you take them from the oven, drop a few chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Remove to a rack and serve before they are cold.
I'm an avid baker and found this recipe to be a bit odd- lots of baking powder, but no baking soda, had me perplexed. The dough was very sticky and I had to add about 1/8 cup milk to get it to spoon into the muffin tins (I made mini-muffins). I added mini-choc. chips before baking. They baked up well - look nice and good texture - but the taste is very bland, even with the chocolate chips.
These are good muffins.. but not the greatest. They didn't really turn out the way I thought they would. Oh well. Live and learn! They were quite easy to make, and thankfully there was chocolate chips in there. I don't think they would taste the greatest if there wasn't any.