Recipe by Get Smart
If you love mint then you'll love these. I always double the recipe 'cos the cookies freeze extremely well.
Top Review by socialgal
These cookies were OK. My kids thought they tasted a little like mouthwash! They are basically a double chocolate cookie with a minty aftertaste. If I ever make them again though, I would use white chocolate chips to make them a little more decorative. I like mint, but these were not what I had hoped for.
- 150 g margarine or 150 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract (adjust according to personal preference)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175C Cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in vanilla and peppermint.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixure until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place on paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.