Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A muffin recipe from the Harvest House B&B.
Top Review by KP in Canada
5 stars from my 9-year old! I only had about a half-cup of Hershey milk chocolate chips (I opted against semi-sweet), so I threw in about 1/4 cup of Hershey peanut butter chips. They turned out very moist and good after only 12 minutes. Oh, and I used margarine instead of shortening.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each greased mini muffin cup.
- Bake at 375º for 10-13 minutes or until muffins test done by inserting a toothpick in center of muffin.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes before removing.