Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
A muffin recipe from the Harvest House B&B.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each greased mini muffin cup.
- Bake at 375º for 10-13 minutes or until muffins test done by inserting a toothpick in center of muffin.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes before removing.
5 stars from my 9-year old! I only had about a half-cup of Hershey milk chocolate chips (I opted against semi-sweet), so I threw in about 1/4 cup of Hershey peanut butter chips. They turned out very moist and good after only 12 minutes. Oh, and I used margarine instead of shortening.
These were perfect risers. They rose up nicely, never fell, took on a beautiful brown color like a chocolate chip cookie. Were light, and just wonderful. Thank You for sharing. My children will love these.
I made these little guys for my son's Christmas breakfast along with Sunshine Mini Muffins Sunship Mini Muffins. The children liked these but liked the other recipe a bit better. I liked these as they were not to sweet but I thought they were a little dry maybe next time I will add a little more butter as I subbed butter for the shortening and add a little more vanilla or use brown sugar in place of the white sugar. I like the recipe a lot and will probable make again, I doubled the recipe and made about 40 mini muffings. Thank you for the recipe.