Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Once these are cooled, fill with your favorite ice cream or sorbet then serve immediately.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sifted all-purpose flour
- vegetable shortening, for baking sheet
- 2 teaspoons chocolate sprinkles
- Crumple a 10-inch piece of foil into a cone about 6 inches long from point to top. The cone should be about 1-1/4 inches wide at the top.
- Beat together egg and sugar in a bowl until lemon colored, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in butter and milk. Add almond and vanilla extracts. Stir in flour until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until batter is thickened, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease large nonstick baking sheet with solid vegetable shortening.
- Stir batter. On prepared baking sheet, measure 2 mounds of 1-1/2 tablespoons batter, spacing well apart. With offset metal spatula dipped in water, carefully spread each mound of batter into a circle 4-1/2 to 5 inches in diameter. Return bowl of batter to refrigerator. Scatter chocolate sprinkles evenly over each circle, dividing equally.
- Bake in 300 degrees F oven 14 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove baking sheet to wire rack and let stand 30 seconds.
- Working quickly with thin plastic spatula held upside down, carefully pry cookies off sheet, letting them remain on sheet. Quickly roll 1 cookie around the aluminum foil cone form to shape a cookie cone, pinching pointed end to seal. Remove foil form and let cool on wire rack. Repeat with the second cookie.
- Repeat with remaining batter for total of 12 cones.
- Once cones have cooled, fill with your favorite ice cream or sherbet and then serve immediately.