Recipe by lauralie41
These cookies are known for their delicate texture and flavor and can be found on VeryBestBaking.com's website drizzled with chocolate for extra pizzazz. They are also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Mexico.
Top Review by mollyvf
Wonderful recipe! I made the dough into little crescents and hearts and stars and then piped chocolate glaze on them and they were beautiful and they tasted wonderful. Thank you for such a great, easy recipe.
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided (12-ounce package)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy, beat in vanilla extract. Gradually add flour, nuts, and cinnamon. Stir in 1 1/2 cup of chocolate morsels and stir until dough is well combined. Roll dough into one inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly golden brown on bottom. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes than place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Microwave remaining chocolate chips in small bowl or heavy-duty plastic bag for 30 seconds. Stir chips or knead bag. Microwave at 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring or kneading until smooth. If using a bowl to melt chips, pour chocolate into a plastic bag. Snip a small portion of the bag in the corner; slowly squeeze chocolate to drizzle over cookies. Refrigerate cookies for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store cookies at room temperature in airtight container.