Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Delicious...and easy! Store in an airtight container or cookie jar...if they aren't gone before you have a chance to put them away.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature), cream of tartar, and salt at high speed of an electric mixer 1 minute. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (about 2 to 4 minutes). Stir in chocolate morsels, chopped pecans, and vanilla.
- Drop meringue mixture by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until dry. Cool completely on cookie sheets; carefully peel cookies from foil.