These are little mouthfuls of joy. Kids love them but they also get raves from the adults.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Bring egg whites to room temperature before making cookies in order to produce the greatest volume when beating.
- 5In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar.
- 6Beat at high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks begin to form.
- 7Add sugar gradually (about 1 tablespoon at a time), while beating at the highest speed of the electric mixer.
- 8Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 9Fold in chocolate chips.
- 10Drop meringue mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until dry.
- 12Cookies should remain white.
- 13If they start to toast, turn down the heat and bake until dry.
- 14I prefer to turn off the oven when complete and let the cookies completely dry out in the residual heat of the oven overnight (I generally bake these cookies at night).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Meringue Surprises
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g