Recipe by hannahactually
From Cooking Light, these delicious little cookies make a wonderful, light dessert or sweet snack!
Top Review by KLHquilts
I was trying to figure out what to do with these Andes baking chips I'd just bought ... and the thought just occurred to me: Meringues! I used this recipe but used the Andes instead of the mini chocolate chips. I'd forgotten how wonderful meringues are, and how diet-friendly -- 2 meringues are just 1 WW point (even with the Andes chips). Thanks so much for posting this!
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt at high speed of a mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sift cocoa over egg white mixture.
- Fold in minichips.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Secure to baking sheet with masking tape.
- Drop batter by level tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 300° for 40 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool on pan on a wire rack.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter, reusing parchment paper.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container.