Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Listed as one of the five best cookies to ship because they keep their shape and can last at room temperature for about a month - they will practically melt in your mouth! Cooking time includes refrigeration time
Top Review by Shelby Jo
These were so unusual for a chocolate chip cookie. They were pretty crumbly, and I'm not sure I liked that too much. However, the flavor was good. I made them as posted except used regular sized chocolate chips instead of miniature. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks,cut into cubes caution this amount will not change if you change the serving size)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (for coating)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine flour, corn starch, and confectioners' sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and begin mixing on low speed.
- Once mixture begins to get thick, increase speed to thoroughly mix until combined, scraping down sides.
- Scrape batter from beaters, and mix in chocolate chips with a large spoon.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour to firm up. (It's important that the dough be cold).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls (no larger).
- Place 1-1/2 inches apart on lined baking sheet, flatten if desired., and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until bottom edges just barely begin to turn brown. (Do NOT over-bake)
- Cool on racks.
- Pour powdered sugar into a bowl or plastic baggie.
- Shake chocolate chip meltaway cookies in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container.