Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The ultimate carving cookie!! I found this on another site and made a few small changes and this quickly became my favorite cookie. CAUTION: You may need to double the recipe unless you have enough will power to not taste the dough!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. These will spread quite a bit, so make sure the cookies are not too big.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
YUM YUM YUM. I use GF Baking Mix and it works and added 1 tspn Guar Gum. Took out salt. Only use 1 Tablespoon Cocoa. We have just found a good tip. Mix the marshmallows and chocolate chips to the wet mixture then add the flour etc. Mixed much better. We love them gooey. They can spread but don't over cook them.
I too cut back on the chips and marshmallows; but I also added a half teaspoon of baking powder and I used a 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 bag of hot cocoa mix. This kept them from spreading and caused them to puff up with a slightly crunchy outside and chewy inside.
Use parchment paper. Leave space between cookies. They are much better the next day after refrigeration. Even better , not gooey, eaten frozen!