Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The ultimate carving cookie!! I found this on another site and made a few small changes and this quickly became my favorite cookie. CAUTION: You may need to double the recipe unless you have enough will power to not taste the dough!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. These will spread quite a bit, so make sure the cookies are not too big.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
I too cut back on the chips and marshmallows; but I also added a half teaspoon of baking powder and I used a 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 bag of hot cocoa mix. This kept them from spreading and caused them to puff up with a slightly crunchy outside and chewy inside.
Use parchment paper. Leave space between cookies. They are much better the next day after refrigeration. Even better , not gooey, eaten frozen!
I had wonderful results when cutting the white sugar to 1/4 cup, and both the marshmallows and chocolate chips to 1 cup each. I also used parchment paper on the cookie sheets to avoid the hard removal process of cooked and oozed marshmallows.