Oh, oh, so very good! Found these on the Ghirardelli chocolate site. Once the dough is made, it must be refrigerated 1 hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet baking chocolate (We used 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar)
- 11 1/2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter or 1/2 lb unsalted margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1Melt bittersweet chocolate bar (broken into pieces) in top of double boiler over hot water.
- 2Beat butter and sugars together on medium/hi speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Turn mixer down to lowest speed, add eggs and vanilla.
- 4In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder, if using.
- 5Add half of the melted chocolate.
- 6Stir until ingredients are well blended.
- 7Add remaining flour, stirring completely: add remaining remaining chocolate.
- 8Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts or pecans.
- 9Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- 10Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 11Drop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- 12Bake for 15 minutes at 350º (Adjust baking time accordingly for smaller cookies.).
- 13Remove cookies to wire rack.
- 14Store in airtight container at room temp or in freezer for longer storage.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Macadamia or Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet baking chocolate