Oh, oh, so very good! Found these on the Ghirardelli chocolate site. Once the dough is made, it must be refrigerated 1 hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet baking chocolate (We used 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar)
- 11 1/2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter or 1/2 lb unsalted margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1Melt bittersweet chocolate bar (broken into pieces) in top of double boiler over hot water.
- 2Beat butter and sugars together on medium/hi speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Turn mixer down to lowest speed, add eggs and vanilla.
- 4In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder, if using.
- 5Add half of the melted chocolate.
- 6Stir until ingredients are well blended.
- 7Add remaining flour, stirring completely: add remaining remaining chocolate.
- 8Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts or pecans.
- 9Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- 10Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 11Drop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- 12Bake for 15 minutes at 350º (Adjust baking time accordingly for smaller cookies.).
- 13Remove cookies to wire rack.
- 14Store in airtight container at room temp or in freezer for longer storage.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Macadamia or Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet baking chocolate