Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Oh, oh, so very good! Found these on the Ghirardelli chocolate site. Once the dough is made, it must be refrigerated 1 hour.
- 10 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet baking chocolate (We used 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar)
- 11 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter or 1⁄2 lb unsalted margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Melt bittersweet chocolate bar (broken into pieces) in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Beat butter and sugars together on medium/hi speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer down to lowest speed, add eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder, if using.
- Add half of the melted chocolate.
- Stir until ingredients are well blended.
- Add remaining flour, stirring completely: add remaining remaining chocolate.
- Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts or pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350º (Adjust baking time accordingly for smaller cookies.).
- Remove cookies to wire rack.
- Store in airtight container at room temp or in freezer for longer storage.