Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh, oh, so very good! Found these on the Ghirardelli chocolate site. Once the dough is made, it must be refrigerated 1 hour.
- 10 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet baking chocolate (We used 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar)
- 11 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter or 1⁄2 lb unsalted margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Melt bittersweet chocolate bar (broken into pieces) in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Beat butter and sugars together on medium/hi speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer down to lowest speed, add eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder, if using.
- Add half of the melted chocolate.
- Stir until ingredients are well blended.
- Add remaining flour, stirring completely: add remaining remaining chocolate.
- Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts or pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350º (Adjust baking time accordingly for smaller cookies.).
- Remove cookies to wire rack.
- Store in airtight container at room temp or in freezer for longer storage.
I have to laugh because, of all the recipes we have here, a LOT of the chocolate and nut recipes haven't been tried at all. I would think they would be one of the most popular choices when making cookies, desserts etc. Oh well, anyway, these cookies are unbelievably good!!! They will be on my cookie trays this year. I made the macadamias this time but will use other nuts in the future too, as I think cashews, pistachios and walnuts would be great choices also!